MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bogdan Degtyariov Date:April 2 2019 10:10am
Subject:Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC fails
View as plain text
On 12/03/2019 1:00 am, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Bogdan Degtyariov:
>
>> The Connector/ODBC 5.3.6 for OSX needs UnixODBC to work.
>> The problem with UnixODBC is that there is no official
>> binary distribution for OSX.
>
> As far as I have understood from the ODBC standard, driver
> managers are interchangeable so that any ODBC dirver shall
> work with any ODBC driver manager.  Is myodbc special in
> this regard?

That is not always the case.
iODBC and UnixODBC have different library names.
The ODBC driver needs the driver manager libraries to work. Therefore
this dependency is there...

The newer 5.3 MySQL ODBC driver such as 5.3.12 uses iODBC.
Thread
Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsArthur P Goldberg22 Nov
  • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsArthur P Goldberg22 Nov
    • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsBogdan Degtyariov23 Nov
      • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsArthur P Goldberg23 Nov
        • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsBradley Giesbrecht23 Nov
  • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsAnton Shepelev11 Mar
    • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsBogdan Degtyariov2 Apr
  • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsAnton Shepelev12 Apr
    • Re: Installation of MySQL Connector/ODBC failsBogdan Degtyariov15 Apr