MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Matthews Date:June 27 2006 1:39am
Subject:MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.4 has been released
View as plain text

MySQL Connector/ODBC v5.0 Alpha 4 (with Milestone 4 complete) has been
released. It is availble for download at
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.0.html

You no longer need to have Connector/ODBC 3.51 installed to test this
version of the ODBC driver, as this release now uses its own setup library.

This release contains the following major new functionality compared to
previous releases:

     - The GUI for configuration of DSNs
     - SQLDriverConnect()
     - Basic stored procedure execution (no support for OUT or INOUT
parameters at this time, but they will be present later in the
development cycle).

 The short term plan is to have MySQL Connector/ODBC v5 support all
major features of the existing MySQL Connector/ODBC v3 driver as well as
flagship MySQL-5.0 features including stored procedures and views.

 Installation
 -------------

 1) Unzip the archive containing Connector/ODBC 5.0 (if you're reading
this file from the archive, then you've already done this).
 2) From a shell and in the base subdirectory of the Connector/ODBC 5.0
 directory created when you unzipped the archive, do the following:

 C:...> install 0

 (if you're upgrading from the previous Connector/ODBC 5.0 release,
instead run "Upgrade.bat")

 This should register the driver and copy the driver to windows\system32

 3) Then create a DSN using defaults for everything except; host, id,
pwd, db

 Current State of Implementation
 ---------------------------------
 The driver is Unicode-aware (this is what we'd like to see tested most
with this release)

 The driver will not work with ADO or complex applications such as
 Microsoft Office at this time, but should do so by Milestone 5.

 This release is designed to be used with a custom application that uses
the ODBC API directly.

 Basic testing has been done with an emphasis on having MYODBCShell.exe
working (see the ?bin? directory for the executable or the sources for
MYODBCShell in the ?MYODBCShell? to see what features are currently
known to be working).

 This release of the driver must be used with a Driver Manager, but by
final release the driver can be linked directly into your application if
it does not use a Driver Manager.

 The following ODBC API functions are implemented (basically everything
to execute prepared and non-prepared statements without bound columns):

     SQLAllocHandle
     SQLBindParameter
     SQLBindCol
     SQLCloseCursor
     SQLColAttribute
     SQLColumns
     SQLConnect
     SQLCopyDesc
     SQLDisconnect
     SQLDriverConnect (new in this release)
     SQLExecDirect
     SQLExecute
     SQLFetch
     SQLFreeHandle
     SQLFreeStmt
     SQLGetConnectAttr
     SQLGetData
     SQLGetDescField
     SQLGetDescRec
     SQLGetDiagField
     SQLGetDiagRec
     SQLGetEnvAttr
     SQLGetFunctions
     SQLGetStmtAttr
     SQLGetTypeInfo
     SQLNumResultCols
     SQLPrepare
     SQLRowcount
     SQLSetConnectAttr (*)
     SQLSetDescField (*)
     SQLSetDescRec (*)
     SQLSetEnvAttr (*)
     SQLSetStmtAttr (*)
     SQLTables

(*) some (perhaps quite a few) attributes/options may not be used at
this time

Reporting Bugs with this Release
Please report bugs you find with this release at http://bugs.mysql.com/

For more expedient processing of your Connector/ODBC 5.0 bugs, please
make sure to record the version number with a ?5.0? in it so that we
find them quicker when putting together fix lists.

Notice that if a bug is caused by missing functionality, we will defer
processing it until that functionality has been implemented. However, if
you find bugs with the functionality listed above, then we?ll be working
to address those issues in the next milestone release (if possible).

Roadmap for Future Releases
- ---------------------------

We're aiming at having a milestone release every week or so for the next
4 weeks. During this time the following milestones are to be met:

     Milestone 3 (completed with Alpha 3)
     -----------

     This release will see the following features completed for
community testing;

     - Remaining C data conversion
     - Binding columns
     - Binding parameters

     Milestone 4 (Completed with Alpha 4)
     -----------
     We plan that this release will see the following features completed
for community testing;

     - The GUI for configuration of DSNs
     - SQLDriverConnect
     - Basic stored procedure execution

     Milestone 5
     We plan that this release will see the following features completed
for community testing;

     - Adding Windows x86_64 platform support
     - Yet to be decided (based upon feedback from the community, but
we're assuming this is where we start to add more builds on Unix-like
platforms).
Thread
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.4 has been releasedMark Matthews27 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.4 has been releasedFrank Maas8 Aug