List:MaxDB« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Holger Becker Date:January 31 2003 12:35pm
Subject:RE: error -1103, too complicated SQL statement
View as plain text
Sven Köhler wrote:

> if i don't use the lower()-function within the sub-select,
> the statement
> works, but this can't be the sollution!?
>
> i needed those text-tables to store long searchable strings
> (varchar(4000)) because i can't put them all together into one table
> (row-length limit) and now the sub-select don't work as expected.
>
> what am i supposed to do?
>
> and what's the big difference between a table-scan using
>    WHERE text like 'abc'
> and another table-scan query using
>    WHERE lower(text) like 'abc'
>
> why does SAPDB execute the first one, and calls the second one
> "complicated" ? (if i use it within a sub-select only)

It's a problem with a internal data structur.
The size of this dynamic structure is to short for your command.
You should increase the kernel parameter _WORKDATA_SIZE with
dbmcli -d <dbname> -u <usr,pwd> param_directput _WORKDATA_SIZE 8192
or
DBMGUI -> Configuration -> Parameters -> Support -> _WORKDATA_SIZE.
We will change the default value for this parameter to avoid this
problem in the future.

Kind regards,
Holger
SAP Labs Berlin

Thread
error -1103, too complicated SQL statementSven Köhler30 Jan
  • Re: error -1103, too complicated SQL statementSven Köhler30 Jan
RE: error -1103, too complicated SQL statementHolger Becker31 Jan
  • Re: error -1103, too complicated SQL statementSven Köhler31 Jan
RE: error -1103, too complicated SQL statementHolger Becker31 Jan