MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:June 7 2001 12:01pm
Subject:Re: query engine and parser
View as plain text
On Wednesday 06 June 2001 14:47, Manish Chakrabarti wrote:
> I have a mysql question. I am looking for a pretty robust SQL
> parser/query engine
> which is also "transparent" in the sense that one can go into it and
> modify the query
> processing parts (i.e. "actions")?
>
> Does MySQL source distribution include the lex/yacc files specifying the
> SQL grammar, and also are there some "hooks" into the parser/query
> processing engine
> of MySQL?
> So that I can have handles into the parse tree (which I plan to use for
> my purpose)
> and replace the query plan execution modules by my own code.
> I could not find this talked about in the mysql maling lists. I am
> basically interested in extracting the query parsing engine out of
> mysql.
> Is it possible to do that?

Yes - take a look at sql/sql_yacc.yy and handler.h/handler.cc. You can easily
plug in your our low-level database code by extending the handler class and
implementing all pure virtual methods.

--
MySQL Development Team
For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com/
   __  ___     ___ ____  __
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped>
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  Provo, Utah, USA
       <___/
Thread
query engine and parserManish Chakrabarti6 Jun
  • query engine and parserMichael Widenius7 Jun
  • Re: query engine and parserSasha Pachev7 Jun
  • SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementAntony T Curtis8 Jun
    • SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementMichael Widenius10 Jun
  • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementAntony T Curtis8 Jun
  • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementAntony T Curtis8 Jun
  • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementPaul Cadach11 Jun
    • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementMichael Widenius11 Jun
  • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementCharlie Root11 Jun
    • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementMichael Widenius11 Jun
      • MySQL Model: Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementRussell E Glaue11 Jun
        • Re: MySQL Model: Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementAntony T Curtis12 Jun
        • MySQL Model: Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementMichael Widenius12 Jun