MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manish Chakrabarti Date:June 6 2001 8:47pm
Subject:query engine and parser
View as plain text
I have a mysql question. I am looking for a pretty robust SQL
parser/query engine
which is also "transparent" in the sense that one can go into it and
modify the query
processing parts (i.e. "actions")?

Does MySQL source distribution include the lex/yacc files specifying the
SQL grammar, and also are there some "hooks" into the parser/query
processing engine
of MySQL?
So that I can have handles into the parse tree (which I plan to use for
my purpose)
and replace the query plan execution modules by my own code.
I could not find this talked about in the mysql maling lists. I am
basically interested in extracting the query parsing engine out of
mysql.
Is it possible to do that?

Thanks!

Manish

Thread
query engine and parserManish Chakrabarti6 Jun
  • query engine and parserMichael Widenius7 Jun
  • Re: query engine and parserSasha Pachev7 Jun
  • SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementAntony T Curtis8 Jun
    • SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementMichael Widenius10 Jun
  • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementAntony T Curtis8 Jun
  • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementAntony T Curtis8 Jun
  • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementPaul Cadach11 Jun
    • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementMichael Widenius11 Jun
  • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementCharlie Root11 Jun
    • Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementMichael Widenius11 Jun
      • MySQL Model: Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementRussell E Glaue11 Jun
        • Re: MySQL Model: Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementAntony T Curtis12 Jun
        • MySQL Model: Re: SELECT ... INTO grammar enhancementMichael Widenius12 Jun