MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Timothy Smith Date:May 30 2001 8:32pm
Subject:Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)
View as plain text
On 2001 May 30, DAVE THOMAS <DAVET@stripped> wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to make a new table type in MySQL. I want to be able to
> specify type=disam in my create table statement. The statement I am using
> is:
> mysql> create table dave (ID int, CreateDate date) type=disam;
> The error I am getting is:
> ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'disam' at line 1.
>
> So far I have done the following:
> - Written a ha_disam.cc and ha_disam.h that are based on ha_myisam.*
> - I over-rided the virtual functions from the base class (class handler)
> - modified sql_yacc.yy and lex.h everywhere I found code dealing with MYISAM
> I copied it and changed it to DISAM
> - I added DB_TYPE_DISAM to 'enum db_type' in handler.h
> - I copied the MYISAM code in handler.cc and changed it to DISAM.
>
> Is there anything that I am not changing that needs to be changed? Any help
> is appreciated! Thanks

Hi, Dave.  I assume you recompiled MySQL?  :)  Just kidding....

Well, that should do it.  Can you put your code up on a web
page or something so we can peek at it?  Might be faster than
trying to send e-mails back and forth about it.

Tim

--
   __  ___     ___ ____  __
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Tim Smith <tim@stripped>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, Development Team
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Boone, NC  USA
       <___/   www.mysql.com
Thread
how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Dave Thomas24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic25 May
  • how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius26 May
Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius1 Jun