MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:DAVE THOMAS Date:May 30 2001 7:33pm
Subject:Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)
View as plain text
Hi, I am trying to make a new table type in MySQL. I want to be able to
specify type=disam in my create table statement. The statement I am using
is:
mysql> create table dave (ID int, CreateDate date) type=disam;
The error I am getting is:
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'disam' at line 1.

So far I have done the following:
- Written a ha_disam.cc and ha_disam.h that are based on ha_myisam.*
- I over-rided the virtual functions from the base class (class handler)
- modified sql_yacc.yy and lex.h everywhere I found code dealing with MYISAM
I copied it and changed it to DISAM
- I added DB_TYPE_DISAM to 'enum db_type' in handler.h
- I copied the MYISAM code in handler.cc and changed it to DISAM.

Is there anything that I am not changing that needs to be changed? Any help
is appreciated! Thanks

Dave

Thread
how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Dave Thomas24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic25 May
  • how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius26 May
Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius1 Jun