MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sinisa Milivojevic Date:May 25 2001 11:33am
Subject:Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)
View as plain text
Dave Thomas wrote:

> I am trying to create a new type of database. I am modifying the
> source files for MySql server. Does anyone know how to go about adding
> a new type? When you create a table you use a statement like this:
>
> create table NewTest (ID bigint, CreateDate date, LastName char(50),
> FirstName char(50)) type=myisam;
>
> I want to be able to specify type=disam or type=text. I would like to
> be able to create a text type for simplicity so I can be able to
> creeate a simple text editable database. My overall goal is to create
> a DISAM type. I have a DISAM library I plan to use to handle most of
> the functionality but I need help with how to go about making MySQL
> recognize DISAM or TEXT as a database type. Any help will be
> appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Dave

Hi!

Beside Timothy's valueable comments, what you need to do is another
table handler.

Take a look at handler.* source files and in the handlers of tabel type
that is most similar to the one you want to implement.

If it is some ISAM type, take a look at ha_myisam.* sources.

Sinisa

      ____  __     _____   _____  ___     ==  MySQL AB
     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:sinisa@stripped
   /*/ /*/ /*/\*\/*/  \*\|*|   |*||*|     Larnaca, Cyprus
  /*/     /*/  /*/\*\_/*/ \*\_/*/ |*|____
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^/*/^^^^^^^^^^^\*\^^^^^^^^^^^
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team

Thread
how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Dave Thomas24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic25 May
  • how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius26 May
Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius1 Jun