MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Thomas Date:May 24 2001 6:33pm
Subject:how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)
View as plain text
I am trying to create a new type of database. I am modifying the source
files for MySql server. Does anyone know how to go about adding a new type?
When you create a table you use a statement like this:

create table NewTest (ID bigint, CreateDate date, LastName char(50),
FirstName char(50)) type=myisam;

I want to be able to specify type=disam or type=text. I would like to be
able to create a text type for simplicity so I can be able to creeate a
simple text editable database. My overall goal is to create a DISAM type. I
have a DISAM library I plan to use to handle most of the functionality but I
need help with how to go about making MySQL recognize DISAM or TEXT as a
database type. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Dave

how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Dave Thomas24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic25 May
  • how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius26 May
Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius1 Jun