List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven Danneman Date:August 2 2017 12:51am
Subject:Re: yaSSL replacement plan
View as plain text
Clint,

I can always build from source and link OpenSSL. And I know there is a
WolfSSL patch available at:

https://github.com/wolfSSL/mysql-patch

My question is, when will the official MySQL Community Edition provided
binaries, which are also provided in many distros, ship with a yaSSL
replacement built in?

Steven Danneman
Security Engineer
Security Innovation | Seattle, WA

On 08/01/2017 05:00 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> It should work fine with WolfSSL:
>
> https://wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/Home.html
>
> Perhaps don't vendor it, and just depend on it?
>
> Excerpts from Steven Danneman's message of 2017-08-01 16:28:10 -0700:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The MySQL Community Edition TLS implementation (yaSSL) is getting
>> outdated, and lacking in support for several newer features like TLS1.2.
>> I believe further development on yaSSL has ceased, and so it seems that
>> a full replacement of the library is necessary to stay up to date with
>> secure TLS best practices.
>>
>> Are there plans for updating the TLS library used in the Community
>> Edition? If so what's the new targeted library and release candidate?
>>
>> Thanks,

yaSSL replacement planSteven Danneman1 Aug
  • Re: yaSSL replacement planClint Byrum2 Aug
    • Re: yaSSL replacement planSteven Danneman2 Aug
      • Re: yaSSL replacement planClint Byrum2 Aug