MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Date:May 25 2016 1:50pm
Subject:Re: change user name from 16 to 64 charactors
View as plain text
Just an FYI, MySQL 5.7 includes support for usernames to 32 characters.
Your codebase implies your are working on an older version of MySQL and
if you simply needed longer username support, it might be easier to just
upgrade to 5.7 rather than tweak the code.

Example:
  mysql57> GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO
'abdjfhduehfjdhesuthcjdiejgjgjgi2'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'fo';

Cheers,
Matthew

On 5/24/16 10:17 PM, northhurricane wrote:
> Hi
>
> I did some changes on mysql code and want to contribute it. But I am a
> newbie and don't know whethe these changes are correct.
>
> Attached file contains the modification. Can anyone help me out? Or
> give me some advise.

change user name from 16 to 64 charactorsnorthhurricane25 May
  • Re: change user name from 16 to 64 charactorsMatthew25 May