MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shawn l.green Date:June 5 2015 5:27pm
Subject:Re: UDF to access OLD and NEW from trigger
View as plain text

On 6/5/2015 7:53 AM, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am searching the possibility to write a UDF that needs access to all
> the fields before and after an update of a record.
> The function needs to convert this record to a CSV.
>
> OLD and NEW keywords inside a trigger access the fields values only if
> they are known in advance.
> For example (OLD.id). I can not access the whole record or convert it
> to a CSV as if (OLD.*).
>
> Is there a way in mysql to convert the values of a record without
> knowing its fields name (OLD and NEW) inside a trigger to a CSV ?
>
> Thank you.

The OLD and NEW psuedo tables only exist inside of Triggers. To pass
those values to a function, you need to pass those fields individually
as parameters.  This should be easy as every trigger is created uniquely
per table and when you create the trigger you already know the columns
on the table.

What exactly are you attempting to accomplish with your UDF? There may
be easier ways to go about it.

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN