MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mansour Al Akeel Date:June 5 2015 11:53am
Subject:UDF to access OLD and NEW from trigger
View as plain text
Hello,

I am searching the possibility to write a UDF that needs access to all
the fields before and after an update of a record.
The function needs to convert this record to a CSV.

OLD and NEW keywords inside a trigger access the fields values only if
they are known in advance.
For example (OLD.id). I can not access the whole record or convert it
to a CSV as if (OLD.*).

Is there a way in mysql to convert the values of a record without
knowing its fields name (OLD and NEW) inside a trigger to a CSV ?

Thank you.
Thread
UDF to access OLD and NEW from triggerMansour Al Akeel5 Jun
  • Re: UDF to access OLD and NEW from triggershawn l.green5 Jun
    • Re: UDF to access OLD and NEW from triggerMansour Al Akeel6 Jun
      • Re: UDF to access OLD and NEW from triggershawn l.green8 Jun