MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shawn l.green Date:January 27 2015 6:05pm
Subject:Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL server
View as plain text
Hello Harry,

On 1/27/2015 11:35 AM, harryxiyou wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanna design/implement a SQL engine (a brief MySQL server, our
> project needs) which standard MySQL client could connect to this SQL
> engine. It seems that I need to dig into MySQL proxy but I am not
> sure. Would anyone please give me some suggestions?

There is an EXAMPLE storage engine you can use as a reference in the
source code packages.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/example-storage-engine.html

There is also some documentation in the manuals on how storage engines
need to operate. Here is a good spot to get started.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/storage-engine-plugins.html

But, from your basic description it appears you want to use the embedded
server instead of building your own storage engine (manage a private
database server as part of your own program's code).  How to do that is
covered here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/libmysqld.html

Please keep the list informed of which path you take and any progress or
problems you have. The community is very happy to help.

Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN
Thread
How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou27 Jan
  • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL servershawn l.green27 Jan
    • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou28 Jan
  • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverStewart Smith28 Jan
    • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou28 Jan
      • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverStewart Smith28 Jan
        • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou29 Jan
          • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverStewart Smith29 Jan
            • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou29 Jan
              • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou29 Jan
                • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverStewart Smith29 Jan
                  • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou29 Jan
                    • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou29 Jan
                      • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverStewart Smith29 Jan
                        • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverVlad Lesin30 Jan
                          • Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou30 Jan
Re: How to create a SQL engine like MySQL serverharryxiyou31 Jan