List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:May 7 2009 10:55am
Subject:allow changing of session variables temporarily in a query
View as plain text
Hi, Joseph

How are you doing ?
How's the project going ?

According to your - very nice and detailed - project plan, it's time to

> Initially discuss with mentor areas of the code to study about the
> MySQL command execution methods.
>
>    * location of where reserved words are defined
>    * study how MySQL parses the SQL statements for execution
>    * what type of data structure would be passed to my created function
>    * how the function is to be called and handled within the system
>    * identify session variables

Did you look at that ?
Sasha Pachev's book covers the parser, as far as I remember,
did you try to simply study the code or go by the book ?
Is everything clear, do you have questions ?

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

P.S. Did you sign the SCA yet ?

--
allow changing of session variables temporarily in a querySergei Golubchik7 May