MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:April 20 2009 11:15am
Subject:Re: coding style change proposal: switch exception
View as plain text
Hi Monty,

Michael Widenius, 19.04.2009 05:21:

> Here is some different ways you can indent the switch/case statement:
>
> a)
>   switch (a) {
>   case 1:
>   case 2:
>   }
>
> b)
>   switch (a)
>   {
>   case 1:
>   case 2:
>   }
>
> c)
>   switch (a)
>   {
>     case 1:
>     case 2:
>   }
> Ingo seams to prefer c) (as far as I understand),

Yes, that's true. Though I made clear in my original proposal that I
would also accept b) with no worries.

I stick to my proposal, though I'd accept its refusal, if this is the
minority position.

Regards
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Database Group
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer