MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lenz Grimmer Date:March 24 2009 5:39pm
Subject:Seeking feedback on the MySQL Code Contribution process documentation
View as plain text
Hi,

FYI, we've recently reworked and updated the documentation on the MySQL Forge
Wiki that outlines the general process of Code Contributions to MySQL to match
the current practices:

  http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Contributing
  http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Contributing_Code

We're also working on following up on patches and contributions that have not
been handled yet - our plan is to clear up the backlog and make sure that
every contribution is in a defined state.

One prerequisite for this is that we need the contributor's consent to the
terms of the Sun Contributor Agreement (SCA):

  http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Sun_Contributor_Agreement

Once this legal requirement has been taken care of, the actual code review
process can proceed.

One of the most important aspects of this effort is to become more transparent
and to set clear expectations. Therefore we encourage our reviewers to perform
the code reviews in publicly accessible channels like the internals mailing
list or via the Bug Database, so others can learn from these discussions.

We'd like to get your feedback on these changes. Please review the Wiki pages
and try to follow the outlined process - is it clear or do we need to simplify
or elaborate on it? Please let us know what you think! Your input is
appreciated. Thanks!

Bye,
	LenZ
--
Lenz Grimmer - MySQL Community Relations Manager -  http://de.sun.com/
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten,  DE

Seeking feedback on the MySQL Code Contribution process documentationLenz Grimmer24 Mar