List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antony T Curtis Date:March 20 2009 1:31pm
Subject:Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?
View as plain text
On 20 Mar 2009, at 00:58, Jocelyn Fournier wrote:

> Hi Antony,
>
> Does this correspond to those changes :
>
> http://www.mysqltalk.org/bk-commit-into-51-tree-antony12404-vt203905.html
>
> http://www.mysqltalk.org/bk-commit-into-51-tree-antony12405-vt203930.html
>
> ?

Yes, they correspond to the changes ...

Unfortunately, the BitKeeper trigger only emailed the first 1000 lines
of the diff so these trigger emails may not be complete. And (for
various reasons) some of the work I did was done with the
BK_NO_TRIGGERS environment variable set to disable the trigger - so
there is no public email record for the work.

These patches were all part of a "proof of concept" that we could
ditch the AutoConf generated build system and switch to using Cmake
for all platforms. And also allow us to use free/opensource compiler,
such as OpenWatcom for Windows.

It would be nice if someone could spend the time to revive this work
and see if Sun/MySQL would be willing to accept it. Another set of
somewhat related patches are the patches to build NDBCluster on
Windows but I do not know how far Stewart has carried that project.

Regards,
Antony.

>>> (http://developer.apple.com/business/macmarket/mysql.html) which
>>> said
>>> that there’s a perl script to generate an Xcode project file.
>>> However,
>>> I can not find this perl script, at least in 5.1's source tree.
>>> Then I
>>> saw Jim Winstead said that it can be generated by cmake in this page
>>> (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=25440). However, no further
>>> instruction can be find. I'm not an expert of cmake, so I can not
>>> get
>>> this done.
>>>
>>> Could anybody give me some help?
>>
>> AFAIK, that script only worked with a really old version of Xcode.
>>
>> I later enhanced the CMake build files so that they may be used to
>> build
>> a working Xcode project files as well as their current use for
>> building
>> the Windows project files. This was about 2 years ago... However, for
>> political reasons, it never was pushed to the mainline source
>> repository.
>>
>> That code tree (and all the work therein) is buried somewhere
>> inside of
>> MySQL/Sun.
>>
>> If there are anyone here who can access the old "bk-internals" MySQL
>> source code server, the directory which has this repository is in
>> /home/bk/mysql-5.1-xcode
>>
>> Until that repository is liberated, someone will have to go through
>> the
>> effort of reduplicating the effort.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Antony.

Thread
How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Yuan Wang20 Mar
  • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Antony T Curtis20 Mar
    • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Jocelyn Fournier20 Mar
      • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Antony T Curtis20 Mar
  • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Sahil Cooner20 Mar
    • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Paul McCullagh22 Mar