MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jocelyn Fournier Date:March 20 2009 7:58am
Subject:Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?
View as plain text
Hi Antony,

Does this correspond to those changes :

http://www.mysqltalk.org/bk-commit-into-51-tree-antony12404-vt203905.html

http://www.mysqltalk.org/bk-commit-into-51-tree-antony12405-vt203930.html

?

Regards,
   Jocelyn

Le 20/03/2009 05:47, Antony T Curtis a écrit :

> On 19 Mar 2009, at 18:21, Yuan Wang wrote:
>
>> I'm searching for a solution of building mysql server in Mac using
>> xcode. I found this article
>> (http://developer.apple.com/business/macmarket/mysql.html) which said
>> that there’s a perl script to generate an Xcode project file. However,
>> I can not find this perl script, at least in 5.1's source tree. Then I
>> saw Jim Winstead said that it can be generated by cmake in this page
>> (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=25440). However, no further
>> instruction can be find. I'm not an expert of cmake, so I can not get
>> this done.
>>
>> Could anybody give me some help?
>
> AFAIK, that script only worked with a really old version of Xcode.
>
> I later enhanced the CMake build files so that they may be used to build
> a working Xcode project files as well as their current use for building
> the Windows project files. This was about 2 years ago... However, for
> political reasons, it never was pushed to the mainline source repository.
>
> That code tree (and all the work therein) is buried somewhere inside of
> MySQL/Sun.
>
> If there are anyone here who can access the old "bk-internals" MySQL
> source code server, the directory which has this repository is in
> /home/bk/mysql-5.1-xcode
>
> Until that repository is liberated, someone will have to go through the
> effort of reduplicating the effort.
>
> Regards,
> Antony.
Thread
How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Yuan Wang20 Mar
  • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Antony T Curtis20 Mar
    • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Jocelyn Fournier20 Mar
      • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Antony T Curtis20 Mar
  • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Sahil Cooner20 Mar
    • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Paul McCullagh22 Mar