MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antony T Curtis Date:March 20 2009 4:47am
Subject:Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?
View as plain text
On 19 Mar 2009, at 18:21, Yuan Wang wrote:

> I'm searching for a solution of building mysql server in Mac using
> xcode. I found this article
> (http://developer.apple.com/business/macmarket/mysql.html) which said
> that there’s a perl script to generate an Xcode project file. However,
> I can not find this perl script, at least in 5.1's source tree. Then I
> saw Jim Winstead said that it can be generated by cmake in this page
> (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=25440). However, no further
> instruction can be find. I'm not an expert of cmake, so I can not get
> this done.
>
> Could anybody give me some help?

AFAIK, that script only worked with a really old version of Xcode.

I later enhanced the CMake build files so that they may be used to
build a working Xcode project files as well as their current use for
building the Windows project files. This was about 2 years ago...
However, for political reasons, it never was pushed to the mainline
source repository.

That code tree (and all the work therein) is buried somewhere inside
of MySQL/Sun.

If there are anyone here who can access the old "bk-internals" MySQL
source code server, the directory which has this repository is in /
home/bk/mysql-5.1-xcode

Until that repository is liberated, someone will have to go through
the effort of reduplicating the effort.

Regards,
Antony.
Thread
How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Yuan Wang20 Mar
  • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Antony T Curtis20 Mar
    • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Jocelyn Fournier20 Mar
      • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Antony T Curtis20 Mar
  • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Sahil Cooner20 Mar
    • Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?Paul McCullagh22 Mar