MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:March 17 2009 5:07pm
Subject:[style] change proposal: switch exception
View as plain text
Hello Ingo,

* Ingo Strüwing <Ingo.Struewing@stripped> [09/03/13 19:22]:

> I propose to get rid of the "switch exception" regarding the opening
> brace. I propose to write new code so that the opening brace is put on
> its own line below the switch keyword.

Thank you for this proposal, I didn't notice it at first.
As long as there is at least one person who's disturbed
by the current behaviour, I think it's a good idea to change it
-- it's hard to explain why switch () is the only statement in our
style for which we write an opening brace at the same line.
The exception can be hard to keep in mind, enforce during reviews,
etc.

I'm sure Monty had a reason, but none of us nowadays knows about it.

I will bring up this proposal to the committee, and I hope they
won't consider it too minor for their attention.

Meanwhile, if anyone else has an educated opinion, please don't
hesitate to tell. You can count at least me and Ingo, we'll be
interested.

--
kostja
Thread