MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chad MILLER Date:March 25 2008 1:23pm
Subject:Re: mysql 5.1.23 and syslog for query log: more questions, plz
View as plain text
On 25 Mar 2008, at 08:59, Mariella Petrini wrote:
>  I have tried to configure MySQL to use/test a
>  named pipe, fifo, without using syslog-ng, using
> initially either the logger command and a C program
>  that reads from a fifo.
>

>    1) mkfifo -m 660 /tmp/logfile  or mkfifo
>  /tmp/logfile
>    2) start mysqld
>   3) mysqld blocks until the reader starts (this is
>  normal)
>   4) start the reader or logger
>   5) Mysqld dies because of     failed assertion
>  seek_offset == 0 in mf_iocache.c  (initi_io_cache)
>
>   Am I doing something wrong or MySQL 5.0 and  5.1.x
> does not support logs on pipes ?

Mariella,

The condition before that verifies that the file object is a pipe, so
someone has intended to use a pipe before as a log file; I can tell
by the comments that I wrote that assertion.

The caller wanted us to fseek to a particular location in the file,
which is impossible for pipes.  If you're interested in it, that --
discovering why the caller wants to seek and how to fix it --  might
be an interesting and easy bug for you (or someone) to work on.

- chad

--
Chad Miller, Software Developer                         chad@stripped
MySQL Inc., www.mysql.com

Thread
Re: mysql 5.1.23 and syslog for query log: more questions, plzMariella Petrini18 Mar
  • Re: mysql 5.1.23 and syslog for query log: more questions, plzSergei Golubchik24 Mar
    • Re: mysql 5.1.23 and syslog for query log: more questions, plzMariella Petrini26 Mar
Re: mysql 5.1.23 and syslog for query log: more questions, plzMariella Petrini25 Mar
  • Re: mysql 5.1.23 and syslog for query log: more questions, plzChad MILLER25 Mar