MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul McCullagh Date:March 14 2008 3:02pm
Subject:[ANN] PBXT storage engine version 1.0-Alpha released
View as plain text
Hi All,

I have just released the first fully durable version of PBXT. Because
of the amount of new code I have reverted PBXT to Alpha status. This
version, 1.0-alpha, can be downloaded from: http://www.primebase.org/
download.

PBXT is a highly scalable, transactional storage engine for MySQL.
The main features are: multi-version concurrency control (MVCC), ACID
compliant, Referential Integrity and BLOB streaming (http://
www.blobstreaming.org).

The PBXT project is now owned and funded by PrimeBase Technologies,
an open source software development company. The web-site, http://
www.primebase.org, is also the new home of PBXT. Here you will find
all the information, documentation, downloads, and links relating to
PBXT.

I will also be talking about PBXT and BLOB streaming at the MySQL
Conference & Expo 2008 next month. It would be great to see you
there: http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2008/public/schedule/speaker/517.
Topics of my sessions include:

   * Internals: How I made PBXT fully-durable.
   * PBXT & SSD: Why this is a hot combination!
   * BLOB streaming: How do you scale it?

Besides full durability, the latest release includes the following
improvements:

   * Calculation of index statistics as required by the optimizer.
   * New system variables (see http://www.primebase.org/
documentation#sysvar).
   * Implementation of SELECT FOR UPDATE.
   * Group commit.
   * Support for SHOW ENGINE PBXT STATUS.

Note that this release does not have is an option to relax
durability. The transaction log is always flushed on commit. A system
variable to control the writing/flushing behavior of PBXT will be
added to the next release.

Don't forget to look me up at the conference!

Best regards,

Paul McCullagh

Thread
[ANN] PBXT storage engine version 1.0-Alpha releasedPaul McCullagh14 Mar
  • Re: [ANN] PBXT storage engine version 1.0-Alpha releasedGiuseppe Maxia16 Mar
    • Re: [ANN] PBXT storage engine version 1.0-Alpha releasedPaul McCullagh17 Mar