List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shlomo.swidler Date:December 9 2007 8:02pm
Subject:More documentation about MYD record file structre
View as plain text
Hi, I'm looking for documentation about the structure of the record
data stored in the MYD file. There is a very brief (and unclear)
section on it here: http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Internals_MyISAM
, but I need more.

I'm looking to determine what the offset into the record is for each
field in the row, and I see that there is an extra byte (or more)
 present at the beginning if any of the field are allowed to contain
null. Where in the C data structures is the info about when this byte
is present in the record, so I can take it into account when
extracting the field data from the record bytes?

Thanks.

Shlomo
Thread
More documentation about MYD record file structreshlomo.swidler9 Dec
  • Re: More documentation about MYD record file structreSergei Golubchik10 Dec
    • Re: More documentation about MYD record file structreshlomo.swidler10 Dec
      • Re: More documentation about MYD record file structreSergei Golubchik11 Dec