List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alexander Barkov Date:February 13 2007 3:59pm
Subject:Re: Patch to add Sinhala (Sri Lanka) collation to MySQL
View as plain text
Hello Harsula,

Harshula wrote:

> 2) ICU Collation Customization (tailorings)
>
> In strings/ctype-uca.c it is mentioned that the collation syntax is
> based on a subset of the ICU tailoring syntax:
>
> http://icu.sourceforge.net/userguide/Collate_Customization.html
>
> However, I'm wondering if MySQL implements this particular property:
>
> 2. [ & a < b < c < d , & c < m ] => [ & a < b < c
> < m < d ]
>
> The impression I have is that it currently doesn't increment the weights
> of the letters that follow the newly inserted letter.

You're right, this property is not supported.
All resets are done relatively to the old weights,
not to the newely inserted weights.

> BTW, I'm not on the mailing list so please keep my email address as a
> recipient.
>
> cya,
> #

Thread
Patch to add Sinhala (Sri Lanka) collation to MySQLHarshula25 Jan
  • Re: Patch to add Sinhala (Sri Lanka) collation to MySQLAlexander Barkov13 Feb
  • Re: Patch to add Sinhala (Sri Lanka) collation to MySQLHarshula19 Feb