MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harshula Date:January 25 2007 8:08pm
Subject:Patch to add Sinhala (Sri Lanka) collation to MySQL
View as plain text
Hi,

1) Here's a patch to add Sinhala (Sri Lanka) collation to MySQL.

Patch
=====
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/sinhala/patches/mysql-dfsg-5.0-5.0.27-sinhala1.patch?root=sinhala

Testcase
========
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/sinhala/patches/mysql-data-sinhala.txt?root=sinhala

Testcase output
===============
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/sinhala/patches/mysql-output-utf8_sinhala_ci.txt?root=sinhala

2) ICU Collation Customization (tailorings)

In strings/ctype-uca.c it is mentioned that the collation syntax is
based on a subset of the ICU tailoring syntax:

http://icu.sourceforge.net/userguide/Collate_Customization.html

However, I'm wondering if MySQL implements this particular property:

2. [ & a < b < c < d , & c < m ] => [ & a < b < c < m
< d ]

The impression I have is that it currently doesn't increment the weights
of the letters that follow the newly inserted letter.

BTW, I'm not on the mailing list so please keep my email address as a
recipient.

cya,
#

Thread
Patch to add Sinhala (Sri Lanka) collation to MySQLHarshula25 Jan
  • Re: Patch to add Sinhala (Sri Lanka) collation to MySQLAlexander Barkov13 Feb
  • Re: Patch to add Sinhala (Sri Lanka) collation to MySQLHarshula19 Feb