List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert DiFalco Date:February 20 2006 5:59pm
Subject:Lock wait timeout exceeded during concurrent inserts on an InnoDB table....
View as plain text
Concurrent inserts (there also may be concurrent reads going on) are
intermittently causing:

	java.sql.SQLException: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try
restarting transaction

I noticed that adding innodb_table_locks=0 in my.ini fixes the problem.
Looking through the manual however, this should only be a problem when I
am using LOCK_TABLE, but there is no where in my code that I use this.
Do some queries implicitly add LOCK_TABLE? Is there a way to disable
innodb_table_locks when I create my database or in some JDBC property so
I don't require users to modify their my.ini files?

FWIW, I'm guessing this is a bug; i.e. hat innodb_table_locks controls
more than just the locking behavior of an explicit LOCK TABLE.

R.

Thread
Lock wait timeout exceeded during concurrent inserts on an InnoDB table....Robert DiFalco20 Feb