MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:July 17 2005 12:55pm
Subject:Re: modify sql_yacc.yy in mysql source
View as plain text
Hi!

On Jul 17, M M wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I don't know if this is the right place to ask this,
> I want to modify the sql_yacc.yy code in windows source code, but
> there is no such file. I got sql_yacc.yy from liunx distribution (same
> version) modified it and make the parser from it. (bison -y -d .. with
> version 1.87) the output file worked and it was compiled with no
> problem

Right, you did correctly.

> The server was correctly run but no command worked. I mean even the
> "create database db;" command didn't work.

Did you add a new keyword to lex.h ?
Then you need to build gen_lex_hash.exe, and run it, saving the output
into lex_hash.h.

(on linux it all happens automatically, no manual actions are necessary,
but our Windows builds are not that mature yet)

Regards,
Sergei

--
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  MySQL AB, Senior Software Developer