MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:June 24 2005 11:03am
Subject:Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storage
View as plain text
Hello Sanja

> > > A long time ago, I raised the issue with views and how you guys are
> > > retuning the view definition. It's sad to see this hasn't changed?
> > >
> > > "Why?" you might ask...
> > >
> > > Well, the view definition is auto-generated gibberish that doesn't
help
> > > anyone. Users will complain about it, believe me.
> >
> > Ok, did anyone actually read this message and if so, does anyone
actually
> > care enough to respond?
>
> Problem is known, and we are going to show source code of view creation
> query (it is stored in .frm and you can see it, it is just a text), but
> now we have to fix more serious problems, sorry.

Well, at least as the problem is aknowledged, that's a start.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies1 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageSanja Byelkin24 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies24 Jun