MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Winstead Date:June 3 2005 4:20pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storage
View as plain text
I did discuss this with Sanja (the original implentor of views) briefly
while fixing a nearly-related bug, and he agrees that it would be nice
to be able to get the original query out. We'll look at making this
available via something like INFORMATION_SCHEMA, but I can't commit to
when that might happen. The original query is stored in the .frm file
for the view, so it is "just" a matter of exposing that.

It would be interesting to know how other DBMS make this available.  (A
quick look at some Google results show that Oracle exposes it via
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ALL_VIEWS, but I haven't consulted our standards
gurus or taken a look at other databases.)

Jim Winstead
MySQL Inc.
Thread
MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies1 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageSanja Byelkin24 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies24 Jun