List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:June 3 2005 11:39am
Subject:Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storage
View as plain text
Hi Martijn,

Am Freitag, den 03.06.2005, 11:06 +0200 schrieb Martijn Tonies:
> Oh c'mon, this isn't a feature request, this is functionality failure!

Oh sorry. Then I misunderstood you. I thought you were complainig about
the ugly formatting. I also thought that SQL is freeform and does not
rely on a certain amount of spacing and indentation. Hence, I thought
that the output was valid SQL and correct information. You should be
able to get rid of the quotes with "SET SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE = 0".

If this is wrong, then I agree that you should select a high severity
when reporting the bug.

BTW. Your suggestion to store the original view definition will only
work until someone does an ALTER VIEW. Do you have another suggestion
for how to handle the original string in this situation?

Regards,
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Senior Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies1 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageSanja Byelkin24 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies24 Jun