MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:June 3 2005 9:06am
Subject:Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storage
View as plain text
Hello Ingo, others,

> > > A long time ago, I raised the issue with views and how you guys are
> > > retuning the view definition. It's sad to see this hasn't changed?
> > >
> > > "Why?" you might ask...
> > >
> > > Well, the view definition is auto-generated gibberish that doesn't
help
> > > anyone. Users will complain about it, believe me.
> >
> > Ok, did anyone actually read this message and if so, does anyone
actually
> > care enough to respond?
>
> Yes and no (I guess). Why not file a bug report against it (Severity:
> Feature request). That way I cannot be forgotten. But it may still stand
> back behind all the real bugs.

Oh c'mon, this isn't a feature request, this is functionality failure!

I've raised the issue with several other developers (including ones who
develop database engines) who do database applications and all they could
say was "are you serious?".

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies1 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageSanja Byelkin24 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies24 Jun