List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:June 3 2005 7:23am
Subject:Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storage
View as plain text
Am Freitag, den 03.06.2005, 08:38 +0200 schrieb Martijn Tonies:
> Hello,
>
> > A long time ago, I raised the issue with views and how you guys are
> > retuning the view definition. It's sad to see this hasn't changed?
> >
> > "Why?" you might ask...
> >
> > Well, the view definition is auto-generated gibberish that doesn't help
> > anyone. Users will complain about it, believe me.
>
> Ok, did anyone actually read this message and if so, does anyone actually
> care enough to respond?

Yes and no (I guess). Why not file a bug report against it (Severity:
Feature request). That way I cannot be forgotten. But it may still stand
back behind all the real bugs.

Regards,
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Senior Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies1 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageSanja Byelkin24 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageIngo Strüwing3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies3 Jun
    • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageJim Winstead3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 5: views and definition storageMartijn Tonies24 Jun