MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:April 27 2010 9:16pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.20 Beta 10 Available
View as plain text
Dear MySQL Users,

Announcing a new beta 10 release of MySQL Workbench.
Version 5.2.20 includes new fixes for 49 bugs (P1 - 1, P2 - 7 , P3 - 39, P4 - 2)

A few new tips you might try. Some have been in the last 2 betas - but in case you haven't
noticed.
1) Once connected in SQL Editor - type control-T or command-T to add a new editor Tab

2) In the SQL Editor run a select. Highlight a cell (one with an image blob preferably)
and right click (or command click) and select "Open Value in Viewer" or another option.

3) In a results set -- select multiple rows -- right click and "copy row content"

4) Click on snippets. Click on the selector and look at DDL and DML lists.

5) Add your own snippets selection drop down option by creating an empty file in the
snippets folder and re-opening Workbench.
For example on Windows ...
C:\Documents and Settings\<your login>\Application Data\MySQL\Workbench\snippets
called MyCode.txt
Want to include your code.  No space -- for label - single space for code. Look at ours
for an example.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta 10 provides:

1. Data Modeling
2. Query (upgrade from MySQL Query Browser)
3. Admin (upgrade from MySQL Administrator)

if you are a current user of MySQL Query Browser or MySQL Administrator, we look forward
to your feedback on all the new capabilities we are delivering in a single unified MySQL
Workbench

As always, you will find binaries for the various platforms on our download pages.

Please get your copy from our Download

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta Tutorial

	http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406

Please be aware that this release is still a beta version – so please don’t
use it on your production servers! Also note, MySQL Workbench files saved with version 5.2
cannot be opened with previous versions of our program.

The files for several platforms have been pushed to our main server and should be
available on our mirrors.

Blog postings and general information – including build instructions for Linux
– can be found on our Workbench Developer Central site.

Workbench Developer Central

	http://wb.mysql.com

Workbench Documentation and details on changes between releases can be found on these
pages

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/index.html

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-change-history.html

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.
Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk to us directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on irc.freenode.net.

Again, thank you for trying out the Workbench beta, we look forward to your feedback and
bug reports.

- The MySQL Workbench Team
Thread
MySQL Workbench 5.2.20 Beta 10 AvailableJohannes Taxacher27 Apr