MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:April 13 2010 4:32pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.18 Beta 8 Available
View as plain text
Dear MySQL Users,

The MySQL Workbench Team is proud to announce Beta 8 (5.2.18).
Since beta 7 we have fixed additional bugs as well as put in some improvements requested
by the community so we decided to pack up another release for you to check out.

This Beta includes fixes for 35 bugs (P1 - 1, P2 - 10 , P3 - 24)

Also we have added new HUD-style (FADE IN) UI elements to show wait-times while WB is
setting up connections (currentlz windows only, will be added to linux/mac in next
release).

Additionally we have added Connection Sorting, now you can go to the connection manager
and sort using up/down buttons.

For more on these new features check out http://wb.mysql.com

A big "thank you" to all the people who have been testing MySQL Workbench 5.2 alphas and
betas and taking the time to file bugs and provide valuable feedback. We have fixed many
bugs since last release and worked on some other details as well.
MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta 5 provides:

1. Data Modeling
2. Query (upgrade from MySQL Query Browser)
3. Admin (upgrade from MySQL Administrator)

if you are a current user of MySQL Query Browser or MySQL Administrator, we look forward
to your feedback on all the new capabilities we are delivering in a single unified MySQL
Workbench

As always, you will find binaries for the various platforms on our download pages.

Please get your copy from our Download

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta Tutorial

	http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406

Please be aware that this release is still a beta version – so please don’t
use it on your production servers! Also note, MySQL Workbench files saved with version 5.2
cannot be opened with previous versions of our program.

The files for several platforms have been pushed to our main server and should be
available on our mirrors.

Blog postings and general information – including build instructions for Linux
– can be found on our Workbench Developer Central site.

Workbench Developer Central

	http://wb.mysql.com

Workbench Documentation and details on changes between releases can be found on these
pages

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/index.html

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-change-history.html

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.
Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk to us directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on irc.freenode.net.

Again, thank you for trying out the Workbench beta, we look forward to your feedback and
bug reports.

- The MySQL Workbench Team
Thread
MySQL Workbench 5.2.18 Beta 8 AvailableJohannes Taxacher13 Apr