MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:December 18 2009 5:29pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.11 Beta 3 Available
View as plain text
Dear MySQL Users,

We are proud to announce public Beta 3 of MySQL Workbench 5.2.

First off, again a big "Thank You" to all the people who have been
testing MySQL Workbench 5.2 alphas and betas and taking the time to
file bugs and provide valuable feedback. We have fixed another pile of
bugs and included some minor changes in some of the workflows. We have
upgraded our linux packages and are now serving packages for Fedora 12
and Ubuntu 9.10.

This build includes fixes for 54 bugs - 9 P1, 28 P2 and 17 P3.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta 3 provides:

   1. Data Modeling
   2. Query (upgrade from MySQL Query Browser)
   3. Admin (upgrade from MySQL Administrator)

If you are a current user of MySQL Query Browser or MySQL
Administrator, we look forward to your feedback on all the new
capabilities we are delivering in a single unified MySQL Workbench

As always, you will find binaries for the various platforms on our
download pages.

Please get your copy from our Download

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta Tutorial

	http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406

Please be aware that this release is still a beta version – so please
don’t use it on your production servers! Also note, MySQL Workbench
files saved with version 5.2 cannot be opened with previous versions
of our program.

The files for several platforms have been pushed to our main server
and should be available on our mirrors.

Blog postings and general information – including build instructions
for Linux – can be found on our Workbench Developer Central site.

Workbench Developer Central

	http://wb.mysql.com

Workbench Documentation and details on changes between releases can be
found on these pages

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/index.html

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-change-history.html

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.
Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to
talk to us directly you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on
irc.freenode.net.

Again, thank you for trying out the Workbench beta, we look forward to
your feedback and bug reports.

- The MySQL Workbench Team

Thread
MySQL Workbench 5.2.11 Beta 3 AvailableJohannes Taxacher18 Dec