MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alfredo Kojima Date:December 3 2009 1:25am
Subject:Re: why not use a repo?
View as plain text
We already distribute 5.1 in Ubuntu distributions. Once 5.2 is goes
out of beta we will do the same.

On Dec 1, 2009, at 8:24 PM, Carl Karsten wrote:

>> Please get your copy from our Download
>> http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/
>
> That does not give you away to download the beta.
>
> If you don't pay attention, you get
>
> mysql-workbench-oss-5.1.18a-1ubu904-amd64.deb
>
> "Error: A later version is already installed"
>
> Will someone explain again why this isn't in a repo?  downloading
> binaries from an FTP mirror is so 1900's.  Not being able to download
> is so home grown.  can we blame Oracle?
>

> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Johannes Taxacher
> <Johannes.Taxacher@stripped> wrote:
>> Dear MySQL Users,
>>
>> We are proud to announce public Beta 2 of MySQL Workbench 5.2.
>>
>> We want to thank all the people who tried MySQL Workbench 5.2
>> alphas and
>> beta 1 and helped us out by filing bugs and providing valuable
>> feedback.
>> The team has put in an all out effort to fix those reported bugs
>> and enhance
>> performance.
>>
>> This build includes fixes for 54 bugs - 18 P1, 19 P2, 13 P3 and 2
>> P4 – as
>> well as a few new features and some added fine tuning.
>>
>> MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta 2 provides:
>>
>>  1. Data Modeling
>>  2. Query (upgrade from MySQL Query Browser)
>>  3. Admin (upgrade from MySQL Administrator)
>>
>> If you are a current user of MySQL Query Browser or MySQL
>> Administrator, we
>> look forward to your feedback on all the new capabilities we are
>> delivering
>> in a single unified MySQL Workbench
>>
>> As always, you will find binaries for the various platforms on our
>> download
>> pages.
>>
>> Please get your copy from our Download
>>
>>  http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/
>>
>> To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.
>>
>> MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta Tutorial
>>
>>  http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406
>>
>> Please be aware that this release is the initial a beta version –
>> so please
>> don’t use it on your production servers! Also note, MySQL Workbench
>> files
>> saved with version 5.2 cannot be opened with previous versions of our
>> program.
>>
>> The files for several platforms have been pushed to our main server
>> and
>> should be available on our mirrors.
>>
>> Blog postings and general information – including build
>> instructions for
>> Linux – can be found on our Workbench Developer Central site.
>>
>> Workbench Developer Central
>>
>>  http://wb.mysql.com
>>
>> If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.
>> Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want
>> to talk
>> to us directly you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on
>> irc.freenode.net.
>>
>> Again, thank you for trying out the Workbench beta, we look forward
> [...]

Alfredo Kojima, Senior Software Developer
MySQL Developer Tools
Database Group, Sun Microsystems

Thread
why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Sebastian Mendel2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
        • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec
          • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore3 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec