MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alfredo Kojima Date:December 3 2009 1:21am
Subject:Re: why not use a repo?
View as plain text
On Dec 2, 2009, at 6:45 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 December 2009 01:49:01 pm Carl Karsten wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@stripped>
>> wrote:

>>> I am working to get mysql-workbench into fedora.  so you can just
>>> do a
>>> "yum install mysql-workbench" its currently waiting on a review for
>>> inclusion.
>>
>> I am guessing the review includes looking at the license to make sure
>> it is distributable?  If so, let me know how that goes.  If it is
>> allowable, I'll put it in my PPA and submit it to Ubuntu for the
>> Universe repo.
>>
> thats part of it.  one thing that will make it harder is the
> bundling of other
> projects in the source tree. its a bad practice that utimately leads
> unintended consequences.  Can someone explain to me why the tarball
> has copies
> of cppconn

This is not included in most distributions, including Ubuntu.
Specially in the version we need.

>  ctemplate

Ditto. When we started using it, no distro was shipping it.

>  curl libsigc++

These are not built in Linux, it's for the Windows build.

>  python

?? This is not included in any form.

> scintilla

There are modifications to this, esp. for the Mac port, for which we
had to code support for Cocoa ourselves.

> silvercity  yassl

Does any distro ship these?

If the package is to be included in some distribution, they're free to
patch the configure file and
simply use whatever they ship, of course. If it is really the case
that they ship everything that's needed.

mysqldev@gui-srva-vm-ubu910i386:~$ apt-cache search yassl
mysqldev@gui-srva-vm-ubu910i386:~$ apt-cache search silvercity
mysqldev@gui-srva-vm-ubu910i386:~$ apt-cache search ctemplate

--
Alfredo Kojima, Senior Software Developer
MySQL Developer Tools

Thread
why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Sebastian Mendel2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
        • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec
          • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore3 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec