MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dennis Gilmore Date:December 2 2009 9:45pm
Subject:Re: why not use a repo?
View as plain text
On Wednesday 02 December 2009 01:49:01 pm Carl Karsten wrote:

> >> That does not give you away to download the beta.
> >>
> >> If you don't pay attention, you get
> >>
> >> mysql-workbench-oss-5.1.18a-1ubu904-amd64
> >>
> >> "Error: A later version is already installed"
> >>
> >> Will someone explain again why this isn't in a repo?  downloading
> >> binaries from an FTP mirror is so 1900's.  Not being able to download
> >> is so home grown.  can we blame Oracle?
> >
> > I am working to get mysql-workbench into fedora.  so you can just do a
> > "yum install mysql-workbench" its currently waiting on a review for
> > inclusion.
>
> I am guessing the review includes looking at the license to make sure
> it is distributable?  If so, let me know how that goes.  If it is
> allowable, I'll put it in my PPA and submit it to Ubuntu for the
> Universe repo.

thats part of it.  one thing that will make it harder is the bundling of other
projects in the source tree. its a bad practice that utimately leads to
unintended consequences.  Can someone explain to me why the tarball has copies
of cppconn  ctemplate  curl  libsigc++  python  scintilla  silvercity  yassl

Dennis

why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Sebastian Mendel2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
        • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec
          • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore3 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec