MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Lischke Date:December 2 2009 4:21pm
Subject:Re: why not use a repo?
View as plain text
Hey Sebastian,

>>> Will someone explain again why this isn't in a repo?  downloading
>>> binaries from an FTP mirror is so 1900's.  Not being able to download
>>> is so home grown.  can we blame Oracle?
>>
>> Can you tell us what's so great about a repository. Actually, what *is* a
> repository in this context? [...]
>
> i think he means software repository
>
> so he could just
>
> yum update
> or aptitude or rpm or you or whatever ...

I see. Though, this is for software only, no binaries, right? What about our > 90%
Windows user base? However, we really might consider using such a repository, though that
is a matter of workload and other factors, so it might not happen in the next month or so.

Mike
--
Mike Lischke, Senior Software Engineer
Database Group, Developer Tools

Thread
why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Sebastian Mendel2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
        • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec
          • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore3 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec