MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carl Karsten Date:December 1 2009 11:24pm
Subject:why not use a repo?
View as plain text
> Please get your copy from our Download
>  http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

That does not give you away to download the beta.

If you don't pay attention, you get

mysql-workbench-oss-5.1.18a-1ubu904-amd64.deb

"Error: A later version is already installed"

Will someone explain again why this isn't in a repo?  downloading
binaries from an FTP mirror is so 1900's.  Not being able to download
is so home grown.  can we blame Oracle?

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Johannes Taxacher
<Johannes.Taxacher@stripped> wrote:
> Dear MySQL Users,
>
> We are proud to announce public Beta 2 of MySQL Workbench 5.2.
>
> We want to thank all the people who tried MySQL Workbench 5.2 alphas and
> beta 1 and helped us out by filing bugs and providing valuable feedback.
> The team has put in an all out effort to fix those reported bugs and enhance
> performance.
>
> This build includes fixes for 54 bugs - 18 P1, 19 P2, 13 P3 and 2 P4 – as
> well as a few new features and some added fine tuning.
>
> MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta 2 provides:
>
>  1. Data Modeling
>  2. Query (upgrade from MySQL Query Browser)
>  3. Admin (upgrade from MySQL Administrator)
>
> If you are a current user of MySQL Query Browser or MySQL Administrator, we
> look forward to your feedback on all the new capabilities we are delivering
> in a single unified MySQL Workbench
>
> As always, you will find binaries for the various platforms on our download
> pages.
>
> Please get your copy from our Download
>
>  http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/
>
> To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.
>
> MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta Tutorial
>
>  http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406
>
> Please be aware that this release is the initial a beta version – so please
> don’t use it on your production servers! Also note, MySQL Workbench files
> saved with version 5.2 cannot be opened with previous versions of our
> program.
>
> The files for several platforms have been pushed to our main server and
> should be available on our mirrors.
>
> Blog postings and general information – including build instructions for
> Linux – can be found on our Workbench Developer Central site.
>
> Workbench Developer Central
>
>  http://wb.mysql.com
>
> If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.
> Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk
> to us directly you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on
> irc.freenode.net.
>
> Again, thank you for trying out the Workbench beta, we look forward to your
> feedback and bug reports.
>
> - The MySQL Workbench Team

Carl K
Thread
why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Sebastian Mendel2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Mike Lischke2 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
    • Re: why not use a repo?Carl Karsten2 Dec
      • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore2 Dec
        • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec
          • Re: why not use a repo?Dennis Gilmore3 Dec
  • Re: why not use a repo?Alfredo Kojima3 Dec