MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:November 18 2009 7:18pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.8 Beta Released
View as plain text
Dear MySQL Users,

We are proud to announce that we have reached the Beta 1 for MySQL
Workbench 5.2. Beta 1 is “functionally complete” and shows the new
features for the upcoming version of Workbench GUI product.

The team has worked very hard to reach the goal of including all our
new features within this first public beta version. We know there is
still a lot of fine tuning and stabilization to be done over the
coming weeks to get it solid on all platforms, but this release marks
an important milestone.  Your beta feedback is key to this.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta 1 provides:

	1) Data Modeling

	2) Query (upgrade from MySQL Query Browser)

	3) Admin (upgrade from MySQL Administrator)

If you are a current user of MySQL Query Browser or MySQL
Administrator, we look forward to your feedback on all the new
capabilities we are delivering in a single unified MySQL Workbench

As always, you will find binaries for the various platforms on our
download pages.

Please get your copy from our Download

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta Tutorial

	http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406

Please be aware that this release is the initial a beta version – so
please don’t use it on your production servers! Also note, MySQL
Workbench files saved with version 5.2 cannot be opened with previous
versions of our program.

The files for several platforms have been pushed to our main server and
should be available on our mirrors.

Blog postings and general information - including build instructions
for Linux - can be found on our Workbench Developer Central site.

Workbench Developer Central

	http://wb.mysql.com

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.
Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to
talk to us directly you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on
irc.freenode.net.

Again, thank you for trying out the Workbench beta, we look forward to
your feedback and bug reports.

- The MySQL Workbench Team
Thread
MySQL Workbench 5.2.8 Beta ReleasedJohannes Taxacher18 Nov