MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:December 13 2008 12:10am
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.1.5 Alpha for Linux released
View as plain text
Dear MySQL users,

Thanks for all the feedback and contributions we received since we
released the first alpha builds. We're closing in on features needed
to be implemented into our 5.1 version. In this release all object-
editors are in place (some of them in a basic version though)
We prepared src and bin (32bit) packages for Fedora 9 along with
our native packages for Ubuntu 8.04. Grab a package of your
choice and give it a try. (Note that we haven't yet worked on
building/testing Workbench on 64bit distributions.)
And finally, don't use this yet on your production-level-files, as it's
still an alpha release.

MySQL Workbench OSS 5.1.5 Alpha - Linux
---------------------------------------
General download page:

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench

Binaries/Sources for Ubuntu 8.04

Add following 2 lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

	deb ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/ubuntu/ binary/
	deb-src ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/ubuntu/
source/

To download and install the binary use the command

	apt-get update

followed by

	apt-get install mysql-workbench

Build instructions for Ubuntu 8.04

	http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/?page_id=152

General infos on our Developer Central site at

	http://dev.mysql.com/workbench

If you need any help don't hesitate to contact us. Keep an eye on our
development page http://wb.mysql.com where we post news and additional
infos about our progress.

Have fun!
Johannes

--

Johannes Taxacher, Software QA Engineer, Developer Tools, Database Group
Sun Microsystems, Ges.m.b.H