MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:October 7 2008 9:01pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.1.3 Alpha for Linux released
View as plain text
Dear MySQL users,

Thanks again for the input and contributions we received since the
last alpha build. We have incorporated fixes for building on other
distros, cleaned up the sourcecode and prepared a Ubuntu-repository
for easy installing via apt package management. Note that we currently
only offer i386 binary packages, if you need a package for some other
architecture, please build it from sources.

MySQL Workbench OSS 5.1.3 Alpha - Linux
---------------------------------------
Source Tar Ball

	ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/mysql-workbench-5.1.3-alpha.tar.gz
	ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/mysql-workbench-5.1.3-alpha.tar.gz.md5

Binaries for Ubuntu 8.04

Add following 2 lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

	deb ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/ubuntu/ binary/
	deb-src ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/ubuntu/
source/

To download and install the binary use the command

 > apt-get update

followed by

 > apt-get install mysql-workbench

Build instructions for Ubuntu 8.04

	http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/?page_id=152

Before you can install MySQL Workbench from our Repository you'll need
to install one additional package manually - the libctemplate0 (a .deb
package can be downloaded from google-ctemplate-download-page).
Install it using a command like this:

 > sudo dpkg -i libctemplate0_0.91-1_i386.deb

Have fun!
Johannes

--

Johannes Taxacher, Software QA Engineer, Developer Tools, Database Group
Sun Microsystems, Ges.m.b.H