MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:GUI Tools« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:September 23 2008 9:56pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.1.2 Alpha for Linux released
View as plain text
Dear MySQL users,
Thank you very much for the great reactions and contributions we
received since we put our first alpha build out last week. We have
incorporated patches submitted by the community and further improved
some code (even though we’re currently busy sitting together at our
Database Group Developer Meeting). So we’ve prepared the next packages
and put them on our server. We also updated (cleaned up) the build
instructions as to remove a few dependencies which are no longer
necessary with the latest code. This should make building the source
and running the binaries more easy.

MySQL Workbench OSS 5.1.2 Alpha - Linux
---------------------------------------
Source Tar Ball

	ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/mysql-workbench-5.1.2-alpha-linux.tar.gz
	ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/mysql-workbench-5.1.2-alpha-linux.tar.gz.md5

Binaries for Ubuntu 8.04

	ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/mysql-workbench-5.1.2-alpha-ubuntu8-i386.tar.gz
	ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/mysql-workbench-5.1.2-alpha-ubuntu8-i386.tar.gz.md5

Build instructions for Ubuntu 8.04

	http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/?page_id=152

For all who encounter problems executing the bin package on their
Ubuntu, please ensure that you have the libraries liblua5.1-0, ibzip1
and ibmysqlclient15off installed. To install type:

sudo apt-get install liblua5.1-0 ibzip1 ibmysqlclient15off

additionally you’ll need the libctemplate0 (a .deb package can be
downloaded from google-ctemplate-download-page)
Install it using a command like this:

sudo dpkg -i libctemplate0_0.91-1_i386.deb

We are currently working on additional packages (.rpm and .deb) which
should be ready in time for the next release.

Have fun!
Johannes

--

Johannes Taxacher, Software QA Engineer, Developer Tools, Database Group
Sun Microsystems, Ges.m.b.H