List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay.Graves Date:September 8 2004 3:01pm
Subject:New developer/RFC on new feature
View as plain text
Hello Eventum Team,

First of all, thank you all very much for writing and GPL'ing Eventum.  It's
an impressive piece of work.

We are evaluating Eventum for our organization and as part of that we are
considering making some changes to better support what we need.  Do you have
a roadmap that you could share on upcoming features (if any)?  I know the
1.3 release is imminent.

The changes I'm want to make are:

1.  Add a boolean column to time_tracking_category indicating that the work
is capitalizable.  For instance, design and development are capitalizable
but bug-fixes are not.

2.  Add a new table tenatively named 'user_time_tracking'.
create table eventum_user_time_tracking(
utt_usr_id INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
utt_iss_id INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
primary key (utt_usr_id,utt_iss_id),
key utt_usr_id (utt_usr_id),
key utt_iss_id (utt_iss_id)
);

This table will allow users to save their 'favorite' issues that they post
time against but that isn't necessarily assigned to them.  Records would be
added to and deleted from this table based on a checkbox in the "Record Time
Worked" section of view.php.

3. Create a 'Enter Hours' page linked from the 'navigation.tpl.html'
template.  This will allow the user to enter hours for multiple issues at
one time.  (Even across projects).

4.  Create a report that shows a time break down by week (or any date
period) across projects by project lead and is downloadable to Excel.

Even though it is 4 bullet points here, I really consider this a single
change.    I'm willing to do this work ( I got the OK to work on GPL'd
software this morning) but I'd like some comments on how this fits with
Eventum's design ideals.

As far as other changes, there are a couple that I would like to mention.
5. Soft code the phone call reasons  (adding new tables where necessary)
6. Save Login/Project cookie for longer than 'Session'

Lastly,  is anyone running Eventum on Win2K/IIS?  I would prefer Linux but
we don't have a machine available, but we do have spare capacity on a
Windows box.  Thoughts or concerns?

Thanks again for a great system and I look forward to helping out.
jay graves

Thread
New developer/RFC on new featureJay.Graves8 Sep
  • RE: New developer/RFC on new featureJoao Prado Maia8 Sep
RE: New developer/RFC on new featureJay.Graves8 Sep
  • RE: New developer/RFC on new featureJoao Prado Maia8 Sep
RE: New developer/RFC on new featureJay.Graves8 Sep
RE: New developer/RFC on new featureNeil Maitland9 Sep