MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jorge Bastos Date:March 3 2006 5:05pm
Subject:Out of net
View as plain text
DecimalPeople,

I'm doing a loop with 5000 records, and inside this loop i'm updating another table
depending on a value on the first table, as i will show below:

dim dt as new datatable
dt=sqldatatable("select * from table_name")

for i as int32=0 to dt.rows.count-1
    sql="update other_table set fields='" & dt.rows(i)("value") & "'
    insert_sql(sql)
next

In about the 2500 record +- i just get out of network and got the error below:

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A request to send or receive data was disallowed
because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto
call) no address was supplied
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown how)
   at MySql.Data.Common.SocketStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.BufferedStream.ReadByte()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.ReadHeader()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.OpenPacket()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()

I'm now saying that is the driver problem.
After this, i've noticed that i only can't connect to the mysql server, i just can't
connect to no remote machine, completly without network, not even a ping works.
I just wait about 1 minute and it starts to work again.

My Question is, why does this happens? if there any option for the connection string to
solve this, doing some fine tunning?

Another question, isn't going to be out no more versions of the driver?

Thanks in advanced,
Jorge Bastos

Thread
Out of netJorge Bastos3 Mar