List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Fisla Date:January 6 2005 4:29pm
Subject:multiple select query hangs MySqlDatarAdapter mysql-connector-net-1.0.3-gamma
View as plain text
This is frustrating as it worked in 0.76 version of ByteFX version.

I am using the latest driver version mysql-connector-net-1.0.3-gamma with
4.1.8 MySql server on linux.

Simple test causes MySqlDataAdapter to hang. I got a look at the source, but
the Fill() method is inherited from DbDataAdapter class implemented by the
.Net framework.

Try something like this:

string sql = @"select table1.key from table1 where table1.key = 1; select
table2.key from table2 where table2.key = 1";

DataSet ds = MySqlHelper.ExecuteDataset(.);

The ExecuteDataset calls da.Fill(ds), where the data adapter hangs.
Sometimes, I get exception throw by the Fill() method, "Input string was not
in a correct format."

First, I thought it's something to do with params, so I eliminated any
params from the query.

Then, I though it may be char encodings on the server side.

Any suggestions?

-Daniel.

Thread
multiple select query hangs MySqlDatarAdapter mysql-connector-net-1.0.3-gammaDaniel Fisla6 Jan