MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:November 16 2009 6:00pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 6.2.1 beta has been released
View as plain text
MySQL Connector/Net 6.2.1, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released. This is a beta release and is intended to
introduce you to the new features and enhancements we are planning. This
release should not be used in a production environment.

It is now available in source and binary form from
[http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.2.html] and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time
- if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later
or choose another download site.)

The new features or changes in this release are:

- fixed SessionProvider to be compatible with 4.x MySQL, replaced
TIMESTAMPDIFF with TIME_TO_SEC
  (bug#47219)
- implemented support for client SSL certificates
- fixed indexes schema collection so that it still works with bad table
names such as b``a`d (bug #48101)
- fixed guid type so that multi-byte character sets will not effect how
it works.  A column would be
  considered a guid if it has a *character* length of 36, not a *byte*
length of 36 (bug #47985)
- fixed unsigned types in views when used as entities (bug # 47872)
- now exposing the MySqlDecimal type along with GetMySqlDecimal methods
on data reader (bug #48100)
- applied user-suggested patch to enable type-safe cloning (bug #48460)
- fixed encrypt keyword that was no longer supported in connection
strings. It is obsolete so
  new code should use the 'ssl mode'.  Encrypt will be removed entirely
starting with 6.4 (bug #48290)
- implemented PossibleValues property on MySqlParameter for ENUM and Set
types (48586)

What we know may be broken
- Documentation is not updated yet.

Please let us know what else we broke and how we can make it better!

Thread
MySQL Connector/Net 6.2.1 beta has been releasedReggie Burnett16 Nov