MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:October 21 2009 4:31pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 6.2.0 Alpha has been released
View as plain text
MySQL Connector/Net 6.2.0, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released. This is an alpha release and is intended to
introduce you to the new features and enhancements we are planning. This
release should not be used in a production environment.

It is now available in source and binary form from
[http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.2.html] and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time
- if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later
or choose another download site.)

The new features or changes in this release are:

- Connection pool cleanup timer.  We now utilize a timer that cleans
idle connections that are no
  longer connected every 3 minutes
- We are now using stream and TCP-based timeouts to handle command
timeouts.  This is more inline
  with what SqlClient does and should be more reliable than our old
timer based approach
- Completely refactored MySqlConnectionStringBuilder
- We now support the TableDirect query type
- Completely refactored our logging system.  As part of this, query logs
now keep all information
  relevant to that query together to make it easier to find and read.

What we know may be broken
- Documentation is not updated yet.

Please let us know what else we broke and how we can make it better!

Thread
MySQL Connector/Net 6.2.0 Alpha has been releasedReggie Burnett21 Oct